Sunday 29 April 2012

Mini Trees

I finally settled on a design for the 6 minitrees for this year's display.

I found some 750mm steel wire plant trainers from bunnings which would make a good minitree. Three of these cable tied together forms a single tree. Needless to say, finding 18 of these was difficult and has involved trips to at least 6 different Bunnings stores.






I had planned to use a string of 100RGB lights on each mini tree. I also wrapped each tree in some bird-mesh to try and hold the lights in place. It was apparent after wrapping the tree that the lights were a little "sparse" and it was also difficult to ensure each LED was pointing in the right direction.



As an experiment, I wrapped the second tree in three strings of 200 LEDs (Red, White, Green). Both Erin and I agreed this looked much better, so the remainder of the trees will be wrapped like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment